Week 6 Hypotheisis
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZYBALbZgg
- What are the steps in hypothesis testing for the p-value method? Write two sentences to tell what happens for each step. (You need to follow these steps in the assignment and in the homework for Weeks 6 and 7. The more you explain here, the easier it will be for you in the homework/project).
- What is the goal of hypothesis testing?
- What are null and alternative hypotheses?
- Type I and Type II errors can occur. Define each type of error.
- Let’s say a woman visits the doctor with a very sore throat. The doctor runs a strep throat test, and the results are positive for strep. The doctor tells her that she has strep throat. The woman tells the doctor that he has made a mistake and leaves the office. What type of error could this scenario show, and why? Tie this to what you would declare as your null hypothesis.