Assignment 2: Privacy Laws and HR
International HR is concerned not only with cultural differences between groups but also on the additional challenge of simultaneously working within different legal systems. This often means that all employees are not treated equally. HR is responsible for establishing and maintaining the delicate balance required to adhere to local laws while treating all employees fairly.
Review the international privacy laws for three different countries. You may begin your research at the following Web site:
- Information Shield. (n.d.). International privacy laws. Retrieved fromhttp://www.informationshield.com/intprivacylaws.html
Based on this resource and your research, respond to the following:
- What impact do international privacy laws have on human resource management, specifically in regards to the interviewing and hiring process?
- What are the important features of the laws in the three countries you chose? Are there any features that surprised you?
- What are the restrictive aspects of the laws you reviewed? How would these impact hiring and ongoing employment in that country?
- As technology develops, what changes in the law do you foresee becoming necessary?
Write a 4–5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, March 9, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M7: Assignment 2 Dropbox and to the Doc Sharing area.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Discussed the impact of international privacy laws on the interviewing and hiring process.||20|
|Discussed the important features of the laws in the three chosen countries.||20|
|Identified the restrictive aspects of the laws and explained their impact on the hiring and ongoing employment relationship.||20|
|Discussed potential changes in legislation based on the development of technology.||20|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|