2 Separate Training And Development Assignments?
Assignment 1 PowerPoint Presentation!!!!
An action plan is a written strategy used to achieve outlined goals. For the purposes of this assignment, the action plan will be created using PowerPoint. An action plan includes the components listed below, and you may refer to page 237 in the textbook for additional guidance.
- State the goal, which should identify what training content will be used and how it will be used.
- The goal for this action plan is to assist managers with identifying how performance appraisals are used to demonstrate the success of training efforts.
- Include the strategies for reaching the goal including what the trainee must do, what resources will be needed, and the type of support from managers and peers that will be necessary.
- Include the strategies for receiving the feedback, which will be used to demonstrate the success of the training efforts.
- Define the expected assessment results and how the results can be used to improve training.
After the title slide, begin your action plan by stating the goal. Next, identify at least three strategies for reaching the goal. Briefly explain your chosen strategies with supporting data in the speaker notes section of the PowerPoint presentation. For the third part of the action plan, develop a 10-question survey that could be used to demonstrate the success of the plan. Conclude your action plan with a summary of the expected results and how the manager could use them to improve training.
This action plan should contain at least 12 slides. You must use at least two sources with one being the textbook and the other being academic in nature from any database within the CSU Online Library. Be sure to cite and reference sources using proper APA style.
*** In the homework assignment for the matrix on appraisals be sure to write a narrative below the matrix addressing each column and each bullet point.***
In this homework assignment, you will develop a table on performance appraisals (PA) and how they are applied to training.
- In column 1, identify three different types of PAs that can be offered.
- In column 2, analyze how the PA can be applied to a training effort.
- In column 3, identify one type of training and one assessment tool for each PA that could be used to identify training success.
Use bullet points in the table. APA is not required for this homework assignment.
An action plan is a written document that includes the steps that the trainee and manager will take to
ensure that training transfers to the job (see the sample action plan shown in Figure 5.6).
The action plan includes (1) a goal identifying what training content will be page 237used and how it
will be used (project, problem); (2) strategies for reaching the goal (including what the trainee will do
differently, resources needed, and type of support needed from managers and peers); (3) strategies
for receiving feedback; and (4) expected results. The action plan also provides a progress check
schedule, with specific dates and times when the manager and trainee agree to meet to discuss the
progress being made in using learned capabilities on the job. The action planning process should
start by identifying a goal and the strategies for reaching that goal. Once those are determined,
strategies for obtaining feedback and identifying what the accomplishment of the goal will look like
are completed. To complete their action plans, trainees may need additional technical support, such
as access to experts who can answer questions or reference materials. Trainers or project
managers can help trainees get the resources that they need to complete their action plans through
either face-to-face or electronic meetings. FIGURE 5.6 A Sample Action Plan Training
Goal Include training content (knowledge, skill, behavior, competency, etc.) and application (project, problem, etc.)
Strategies for Reaching Goal
Modifying behavior (What will I do differently?)
Resources needed (Equipment, financial)
Support from peers and manager (Be as specific as possible.)
Strategies for Receiving Feedback about My Progress (Include meetings with peers and managers, self-monitoring of progress, customer reactions, etc.)
What will be different?
Who will notice?
What will they notice?
Progress Date Checks ____